Insurance Program Results

6 of 6 Showing


Educators Legal Liability Under the Gun

Expect changes in underwriting for educators legal liability this year after the emergence of a slew of new exposures last year. Carriers are still determining how to face some of these risks as cases persist in the court system. The increase in school violence last year led a handful of carriers to step away from schools in Kansas in light of a new law that allows teachers to carry firearms on campus. Other carriers are working on how underwriting might handle the repercussions of increased violence. EMC Insurance previously covered almost 90 percent of the Kansas school districts before it pulled out, citing underwriting guidelines that state any on-site armed security should be provided by uniformed, qualified law enforcement officials. Continental Western and Wright Specialty, which wrote the other 10 percent of school districts, dropped accounts as well. 

Copyright © Crittenden Research Inc., February 17, 2014     

Educational Institutions

Administered By: Apex Insurance Services

Distribution: Program Administrator


Colleges & Universities, Educational Risks (School Administrators), Private/Charter Schools, School Districts, Schools, Schools (Vocational)

Carriers: WRM America Group

Coverage: Auto Liability , Auto Physical Damage, Crime, Employment Practices Liability (EPL), Equipment Breakdown, Excess, General Liability, Inland Marine, Law Enforcement Liability, Property, Workers' Compensation

Limits: Call for - Limits

Employment Practices Liability

Administered By: Kinsale Insurance

Distribution: Carrier Direct


Accountants & Accounting Services, Architects & Engineers (A&E), Art Galleries/Fine Art/Museums/Antique Dealers, Auto Service and Repair, Auto/Car Dealerships, Aviation Risks & Airports, Banks, Brokers/Dealers, Camps (Youth, Sports & Enrichment), Chemical Manufacturers/Distributors, Commercial Auto (Public Transportation), Construction Equipment/Machinery/Materials, Educational Risks (School Administrators), Energy Companies, Film Risks, Gas Stations, Hospitality (Hotels/Motels), Insurance Agents, Insurance Companies, Investment Advisers, Lawyers, Logging/Lumber/Forestry Risks, Manufacturers (Hardware), Manufacturers/Manufacturing Risks, Mine/Mining Risks, Miscellaneous Risks, Museums, Nonprofit Organizations, Real Estate Agent/Broker, Research/Research Organizations (Clinical, Etc.), Restaurants, Retail, Social Services, Utility Companies

Carriers: Kinsale Insurance Co.

Coverage: Bodily/Personal Injury, Employment Practices Liability (EPL)

Limits: up to $5 million/$5 million (Primary Limits)

NetGuard™ Plus

Administered By: NAS Insurance Services

Distribution: MGA


Auto/Car Dealerships, Education & Nonprofit, Educational Risks (School Administrators), Financial Institutions, Hospitals, Insurance Agents, Municipalities/Government Bodies, Physician Groups, Physicians, Retail, Schools, Small Businesses, Staffing Agencies, Utility Companies

Carriers: Lloyd's of London

Coverage: Crime, Cyber Liability, Data Security, Network Security Liability, Privacy Liability/Notification Expense, Reputational Risk

Limits: up to $25 million

Elite Comp

Administered By: B and B Programs

Distribution: Program Administrator


Accountants & Accounting Services, Architects & Engineers (A&E), Educational Risks (School Administrators), Financial Institutions, Hospitality (Hotels/Motels), Lawyers, Physician Groups, Physicians, Workers Compensation

Carriers: Nova Casualty

Coverage: Employment Practices Liability (EPL), Excess, Umbrella/Excess, Workers' Compensation

Limits: up to and over - $25 Million (Property coverage), up to - $10 Million (Excess limits "We can place coverage as high as a client would like to pay".), up to - $1 Million (Primary limits)

Public Entities

Administered By: Victor O. Schinnerer

Distribution: MGU


Colleges & Universities, Educational Risks (School Administrators), Municipal/Public Pools, Municipalities/Government Bodies, Political Risk (Terrorism/War/General), Schools

Carriers: CNA Insurance Cos

Coverage: Accident & Health, Accidental Contamination, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Environmental/Pollution Liability, Errors & Omissions (E&O), Professional Liability, Public Officials Liability, School Leaders Legal Liability

Limits: up to $10 million


Educators Professional Choice

Administered By: The Hartford

Distribution: Direct/Broker


Colleges & Universities, Educational Risks (School Administrators), Private/Charter Schools

Carriers: The Hartford

Coverage: Directors & Officers (D&O), Employment Practices Liability (EPL), Errors & Omissions (E&O), Third-Party Liability

Limits: up to $15 million (Umbrella), up to $10 million (E&O), up to $1 million (Combined per Claim), up to $5 million (per Coverage Part)